You can make a difference at Parent Teacher Conference
How to come prepared:
- review your child's current IEP before the conference
- mark the goals you are most concerned about
- write down concerns you have that are not already on the IEP (for example, "my child can't seem to remember things that I know he already learned, is that something you can help with?")
- make a list of questions regarding these goals, how can you help at home, how are they being worked on at school?
- ASK how you can work on goals at home!!!
- plan some way to communicate with your SLP.
- I suggest sending a notebook with your child to his sessions where the SLP can make a quick note about what they worked on that day and what you can do at home to help.